It seems there’s a bit of a ‘trend’ going around for people to be super-healthy all week, then have ‘cheat days‘ (as they are often referred to – ps sorry for the super-ugly pics!!!)…I included the super-ugly pic link to google’s search of ‘cheat day’ because that’s how ugly I reckon those days actually are – and leave one feeling. Let me explain.
I was thinking about writing this post a few weeks back when oh so tired from the work of creating 600 raw chocolates, I sat chatting with my raw vegan enthusiast fashion loving friend Karissa. It was the day before my Model Chocolate launch party was to be held in Sydney. It was late at night, neither of us had eaten much that day, and we sat contenting ourselves with goodies from my travel box; bananas, barley green tonics, raw cacao protein bars (in the book guys!), and superfood supplements. I recently posted a ‘status’ to Facebook where I said ~ “probably my no 1 #beautysecret: NO #cheatday s EVER#EVER (thats just me) and it works“. But why on earth be so rigid?
Ok so I personally don’t have ‘cheat days‘ for a number of very important reasons:
- Firstly I’m utterly, madly in love with fresh raw foods, superfoods, nutritiously delicious foods all the time!
- Cheat days interrupt my ‘flow’ or ‘high on life’ feeling which I get from continually enjoying these delicious natural healthy foods
- I’ve been so long without ‘junk foods’ that I actually don’t desire sugary, processed, overcooked, unhealthy, unnatural foods
- A cheat day would tip me out of balance, making it hard to pick up where I left off with a naturally healthy eating lifestyle
- I reckon cheat days are for ‘dieters’ and that’s certainly not me
- When craving salty, sweet, fatty or crunchy foods I turn to nature’s options; they leave me feeling happy, invigorated, strong, and nurtured
- Cheat days affect more than just what a person eats, they make a person less inclined to exercise, more inclined to binge, and make people feel like instead of making progress, they’re staying ‘the same’.
- NO CHEAT DAYS EVER = VIBRANCY, A CONSTANT LOVE FOR NATURAL FOODS AND LIFE, ANTI-AGING BENEFITS, MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE, WELLNESS, ADDICTION TO HEALTHY DELICIOUS FOODS MORE THAN DREAMED POSSIBLE, SATISFACTION X 100%+++
Try it for yourself. See how you feel after giving yourself the time. You won’t crave unhealthy foods, instead you’ll feel motivated to go higher, further, deeper, better. No cheat days for me is maximum liberation to be myself and helps me to love every aspect of my life.
But yeah. That’s just me! That’s how I stay loving food and life to the max. That’s how I stay strong, hold my nerve at being super-healthy and I can promise you, I never ever feel like looking back.
Can’t help but add that sneaky No. 9… I ‘spose you’re thinking Model Chocolate counts for a lifetime of ‘cheat days’… Yes!!! With only benefits to my body, face and outlook, I suppose it does!